[CS-FSLUG] On drop of virgin blood please

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 19:46:52 CDT 2006

Has anyone else had to deal with Microsoft support recently, because
I'm finding it quite interesting.

I got a copy of Age of Empires III a while ago, and ran into a bug
with the sound in which a deafening noise would cut in on one one side
of the speakers or headphones. I like the game (although Rise of
Nations still trounces it) so I e-mailed Microsoft support to ask for
assistance after going through their "knowledge base" (less painful).

So far I've not gotten any help yet, I've been waiting around 24 hours
for replies so this is starting to span out over the course of a few
days, and in each reply I'm asked for information about myself or the
legitimacy of the game.

So far I've been asked for the Product ID of the game, then I've been
asked for my first and last names, area code, and phone number. I was
just wondering, when I have to submit a finger print and blood sample,
could I borrow those from someone else in the list? I'm still working
out how to draw that self-portrait I think they'll ask for next
without infringing on Wal-Mart's smiley face trademark...