[CS-FSLUG] Ichthux ISOS!

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Wed Aug 16 10:02:51 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 00:52 -0600, Nathan T. wrote:
> Has anyone actually tried these to make sure they're authentic? I must
> admit I also thought that distribution was an attempt at humor.
>
> I really don't see much point to building a whole distribution around
> any religion, why not just take another distribution and modify the
> package selection so that Bible time and other apps are installed
> along with it.

Now this is why I wrote Penguin in the Pew.  Ichthux is actually
mentioned in the book.  I even announced on this list that the Ichthux
project was underway in an effort to attract volunteers and interest:
http://ofb.biz/pipermail/christiansource_ofb.biz/2005-April/025825.html

If you have a question about a project, just visit matheteuo.org:
http://matheteuo.org/compchurch.php

http://matheteuo.org/portal_05.php

As always, I had made an effort to support and promote a project
developed from within our community.  I have thrown promotional efforts
behind every project I know about.  I do know about Jesux, and made
mention of it in my book to let people know that project really is a
hoax.  I was actually in the know about Ichthux very early on in this
case.  The new project recently announced slipped by me.  I am now in
contact with the developer.

This brings me to a point.  If anyone knows a project is being launched,
please do let me know.  I have banner links to several projects at
matheteuo.org, and can write up announcements, press releases, and news
stories about the various projects on LXer.  Sure, I take a little flak
now and then, but most of our core audience will probably be fairly
quick to defend articles about faith groups.

My point is, people need to get the word out about their projects.  They
need a PR consultant they don't have to pay.  Call me.  E-mail me.
Cross the Great Divide and hike 10 miles barefoot through the snow, if
you have to.  But let me know what's happening.  I will do whatever I
can to get the word out about your project.

Blessings,
Don