[CS-FSLUG] August Distro List Problem

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 21:37:34 CDT 2006

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you guy's a heads up. The August
distribution list is going to be missing some entries, it's not
because I slipped up and forgot to run the program, but because
Windows spontaneously died on me again. This time it was a pretty ugly
mess, Windows XP complained the partition was bad, the Windows
scandisk program on the installtion media's rescue mode said it was
completely unrecoverable, and while fdisk in Linux still said it was
an NTFS partition, the ntfs recovery tool in Linux wasn't sure what
kind of partition it was any more. I was not running the program on
Ark Linux because I don't want Java on my Linux and because I always
thought Ark's Dockyard-Devel tree would be more likely to kick the
bucket than Windows (guess I was mistaken).

I've got a lot of work to do here getting Windows back up, until I
write a Qt version of my distribution list parser I'm not going to run
it in Linux. It might be a while, maybe even a few days since I've got
even more work to do now that I'm having to work around some of
Microsoft's own malware *caugh*WGA*caugh*.