[CS-FSLUG] Still a "cult leader"

edoc7 edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 07:46:42 CDT 2006

> When I joined this list I honestly expected what I normally get from
> my church (cross and flag idolatry).  Instead I get a lot of people
> like me--that are fed up with a government that calls itself Christian
> but doesn't support Christ's values.

Well, I teach political science/American Federal Government
at the college level and I have and will argue that the
USA is not a "Christian" country and never has been.

We are a nation with strong Bible-associated influences
from the earliest days, but we are by design a secular
nation.

Bill Clinton was a curse and a warning from God.  He
represented our worst instincts: greed, lust, dishonor,
pride, selfishness, etc.

George Bush is a blessing and an opportunity from God.
He tries to lead from our best: credit to God, felicity
to church attendance and Bible learning, resisting efforts
to harm the weakest via abortion and fetal stem cells and
prejudice while standing strong for the nation bringing
the battle to our enemies vs waiting for them to bring it
here.

God allows all nations to come and go.  He blesses some and
curses others, generally He tries to teach them using a
mix of internal and external stressors to encourage people
to look to Him instead of human solutions.

That there are long-term bureaucrats, often appointees of
other Presidents and Governors no longer in office, men
and women of low character and/or poor discernment in
elected and hired positions of authority is an inevitable
function of fallen humanity present in every nation ever
to exist.

To intentionally alter slightly the paraphrase of another,
the USA is an imperfect system but still the best ever
attempted by man.

David