[CS-FSLUG] July 2006 distribution lists

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Thu Aug 3 09:00:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 20:39 -0700, veritosproject at gmail.com wrote:
> No, mine is...it's got its own package manager, and I think I'm going
> to rewrite most of coreutils in perl just for fun, but I do know that
> XFCE will be the main WM.  GNOME is too painful to compile, and if I
> start KDE we will have been raptured before I can type "make install"
> :)

You might consider browsing the archives.  There is a  reference to the
Ichthux project, which by now is probably defunct.  It was based on
Ubuntu.  Thus, you might consider basing yours on Xubuntu, to save you
some hassles.  Otoh, if your package manager is unique and innovative,
you might want to keep going with LFS.

Don't mean to preach or spoil the fun. I think your best bet is to just
make it a fun project.  Some of us may have been trying to build
cathedrals when we barely knew how to build churches.  One of the guys
has joined the Ubuntu project to glean from that.  That was the last I
heard of it.

Don