[CS-FSLUG] July 2006 distribution lists

veritosproject at gmail.com veritosproject at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 22:39:34 CDT 2006

No, mine is...it's got its own package manager, and I think I'm going
to rewrite most of coreutils in perl just for fun, but I do know that
XFCE will be the main WM.  GNOME is too painful to compile, and if I
start KDE we will have been raptured before I can type "make install"
:)

What I do know so far:
Name = ARN Linux (long story as to why that is)
Package Manager = arnpkg, which works like this:
a package is a .tar.bz2 with a .arn extension.  This contains:
package.tar - dump this into the root directory.
install.sh - chmodded +x, this gets run after package.tar is dumped.
unstall.sh - chmodded +x, this gets run at uninstallation.
package.cfg - this contains the config info in the following format:

NAME=gnomesword
VER=2.0
DEP=libsword=minimumversion=maximumversion
DEP=and=so=on

This is a description.

Based on: LFS.