[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:03:08 CDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Joey Kelly <joey at joeykelly.net> wrote:
[snip]
> Is DeVry a vo-tech or trade school, or an actual university? It matters. What
> do you actually want to be when you grow up? A tech school like DeVry may or
> may not help you get there.

The DeVry in Canada calls itself a Technical Institute, in the US the
several DeVry schools call themselves Universities. One of the things
of note is that they can run their classes either in the morning or
the afternoon, but they also don't have much in the way of time off.
The morning classes end at 1:00 pm and then students can work during
the afternoon because there is only an hour of homework.

If I go to post-secondary now it's more for myself than for any
employers. I want to get a good computer science course for my own
benefit, but I know that most schools concentrate on Windows so the
real cool stuff will take place afterwards when I can afford more
books and have time to read them.

By the way. If anyone in the list lives near a good post-secondary
institute and has room for a boarder, send me an e-mail. I would
prefer remaining north of the Canadian border :-) .

I could also use some prayers if anyone feels like doing me a favour,
I don't want to make a mistake on this.