[CS-FSLUG] Kubuntu Samba and Windows

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Apr 25 08:12:04 CDT 2006

Hi,
I have not seen anyone else jump on this one yet, so I will give it a shot.

Windows will try to send your Windows username and password across,
regardless. To get it to connect seamlessly, there are a few options.
The simplest is to have your Linux share set up to allow guest access.
The more complex, but more secure, is to have a username on the Linux
box that has the same password as is on your windows box. At least, that
is more secure if you have a password on your windows box. :)

- Tim Young