[CS-FSLUG] Kubuntu Samba and Windows

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 18:26:59 CDT 2006

Hi everyone

I'm trying to get Kubuntu to play nice with Windows, but it doesn't
want to. The issue here is woth Samba, I've got a share set up on my
desktop and I can browse it fine from that very same computer, but
Windows prompts me for a user name and password to get to the share
even though I was pretty sure I set it up not to ask.

I have been using the KDE control centre to configure this, but that
should work. I don't know what to try now, so I've turned here for
help. After all the work I've invested into getting Kubuntu installed
and set up, I'd really hate to have to stick to Windows still.