[CS-FSLUG] OT: weird mouse behaviour

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 20:46:28 CDT 2006

I know the SUSE fans in the list don't like to hear it, but I find
SUSE to be the slowest distro I've ever come across. I don't know if
it just doesn't like a long list of hardware (or perhaps it just
doesn't like Intel), but on every box I've installed it on it ran like
it was dragging an anchor behind it. Ubuntu runs very well on Dad's
Pentium 3 500 w/ 320 MB of ram and it ran fine when he only had 128 MB
of ram if I'm not mistaken.

I've found Slackware, Ark, MEPIS, Ubuntu and Kubuntu to have good
speed on older machines; however, I would recommend you think twice
before going with Ark because most of the developers have long since
bailed and it hasn't improved any since.