[CS-FSLUG] OT: weird mouse behaviour

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 20 08:41:38 CDT 2006

One thing I forgot to mention in original post was that after installing
Win98 on one of the 300PL's, I used Norton Ghost to clone the hard disk for
each of the other systems.  Thinking that might also be contributing to the
problem, I decided to go with Tim's advice.  I put the hard disk back into
original case, formatted it and installed Win98 from original cdrom.  Sent
the system back to house - and - still the same problem.  I'm thinking the
problem must be something environmental, but I can't imagine what it might be.

Nathan suggested Linux, but that isn't going to work either.  I don't want
to support multiple Linux distros and I've already got six workstations
running SUSE93 within this organization (in offices, not homes).  The
machines running SUSE93 are all newer/faster than these older 300PL
systems; and a few of them had to have RAM upgraded to improve
performance.  I'm sure that running SUSE93 on these 300PL systems will be a
bad move.  Poor performance would give Linux a bad rap within the
agency.  On a positive note, users like SUSE93 much better than RH73 and
MDK91 which came first.  Linux has finally "come of age" in this
organisation.  Users mostly only use OOo, Firefox (replaced Konqueror) and
Kmail.