[CS-FSLUG] [Was: Seeking opinions] Washington Bible College

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 18 15:59:13 CDT 2006

> Don't be too quick to count out Bible Colleges as a foundational skill
> for the rest of your life. Many, such as the one I work at (Washington
> Bible College), offer one and two year programs that will then allow a
> transfer of credit to other places for more vocational study. At least
> allow God the option in your prayers.
> JSR/

Hey Josiah!

    Just took a look at the Washington Bible
College web site.  Someone has done some hard
work there!

    Your accreditation statement is one of the
better written ones I have seen.  It really
highlights the national & regional obligation
to CHEA as equal.  It is shameful the academic
arrogance that pits regionals against nationals
and that thus harms students.

    Is WBC totally dependent on brick and mortar
classroom instruction or is there a distance/
online option for any of the courses and/or degrees?

    Also, how heavy is the dependence of WBC on
FAFSA dollars?  Any plans for the eventual assault
on Christian institutions via FAFSA regs when the
Democrats eventually regain power?

    Also liked the "What We Believe" page:
http://www.bible.edu/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=709

    I wish every institution would define what
they mean by "elect" as it means different things
to different people.  For some it is predestination
and for others it is the certainty (unlike other
faiths) that surrender to Christ *always* results
in eternal salvation.

    I would argue that the first part of their
"Last Things" statement is Biblically incorrect
but that would trigger a pre-trib/post-trib/
mid-trib debate and far be it for me to engage
in theological debate!  ;-)

"We believe the order of the end time events will
be as follows: (1) the personal, physical return
of Jesus Christ to rapture the Church; (2) the
seven year tribulation period; (3) the personal,
visible return of Jesus Christ to the earth to
establish His earthly kingdom which will continue
for 1,000 years; (4) the final judgment and eternal
state (1 Thessalonians 4:13–18; Daniel 9:24–27;
1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10; Matthew 24:5–21;
Revelation 6:1–19:21; Isaiah 11:1-10;
Revelation 19:11–21; 20:1–3, 11–15; 21:1–22:5).

    Good to be aware of yet another solid Christian
institution of learning.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com