[CS-FSLUG] [OT] The Bible on How to Treat Aliens (or immigrants)

Alan Trick alantrick at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 19:42:35 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 19:02 -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
> doc wrote:
>
> > I expect to be held accountable to the law wherever
> > I am, so did Jesus, or have our social-revisionists
> > also done away with 'Render unto Caesar that which
> > Caesar's and God's what is God's'?
>
> A gentle question, Sir: What if Caesar trespasses God's law? Does Romans
> 13 apply also to Stalin? For many in Christ today, what we see before us
> in US government may well be not so far different from Stalin, Hitler,
> Pol Pot, et al, in significant ways. I worry you come too close to
> stating your position so strongly you assume your position is the only
> one possible for anyone who loves Jesus. Do you realize to some readers
> you would sound bitter and hateful?

That's actually a really good question. You see the Caesars in weren't
exactly the nicest people either. Most of them thought they were divine
in some way or another and had no problem encoraging attrocities like
gladiator fights or pillaging foreign countries and turning their
citizens into slaves.

Alan Trick