[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Apr 9 12:14:00 CDT 2006

> Seminary is not the way to attain knowledge of Jesus.  I've seen too
> many people turned away from Jesus because of seminary.  I would much
> rather be a "layman" who knows Jesus than a "priest" or "scholar" that
> wonders if He is real.  Something to think about before plunging into
> seminary: Jesus wants workers, not theologians.

	I don't think there is really a distinction there. Theologians, at
least true ones, aren't just reciting dusty old lines of theology,
but constantly seeking to provide new and helpful understandings to
faith. Especially in this day and age where faith is constantly
looked on as irrational, theologians perform (IMO) a useful service
in showing how perfectly rational and comprehensive the Christian
worldview can be.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |