[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 18:21:18 CDT 2006

On 4/8/06, Christopher Rose <kf6snj at lycos.com> wrote:

> The brevity of the document doesn't concern me. I think that the prophet
> Malachi was much shorter. What concerns me are the claims that are made in
> the document. If I read it right, it seems unto me that the claim could be
> made that Jesus asked Judas Iscariot to betray him (though such a claim
> would sure have been made in the other Gospels). Furthermore, the document
> seems to portray Judas as being the closest of the disciples. This could not
> have been further from the truth. At best, this is similiar to the gnostic
> gospel of thomas and at worst, a wicked deception designed to rationalize
> and even downplay Judas betraying Christ. While this may prove the subject
> of debate for many years, it seems unto me that this so-called gospel is too
> choppy to read to begin with and that further study of it will prove that it
> is nothing more than a historic hoax. The document may be ancient, but it is
> still an elaborate hoax.

Readers of this TD thread might interested in the following light analysis
and pointers to other relevant on-line resources put together by Christian
apologist Jimmy Akin:

         The Gospel of Judas

         http://www.jimmyakin.org/2006/04/the_gospel_of_j.html

         More on the Gospel of Judas

         http://www.jimmyakin.org/2006/04/more_on_the_gos.html

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life . . ." (John 14:6)

My home on the Net ::
   http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA