[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Apr 8 17:50:04 CDT 2006

The brevity of the document doesn't concern me. I think that the prophet Malachi was much shorter. What concerns me are the claims that are made in the document. If I read it right, it seems unto me that the claim could be made that Jesus asked Judas Iscariot to betray him (though such a claim would sure have been made in the other Gospels). Furthermore, the document seems to portray Judas as being the closest of the disciples. This could not have been further from the truth. At best, this is similiar to the gnostic gospel of thomas and at worst, a wicked deception designed to rationalize and even downplay Judas betraying Christ. While this may prove the subject of debate for many years, it seems unto me that this so-called gospel is too choppy to read to begin with and that further study of it will prove that it is nothing more than a historic hoax. The document may be ancient, but it is still an elaborate hoax.

Pax,

Christopher Rose