[CS-FSLUG] Your Mission Dream

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Fri Apr 7 23:08:08 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 01.00, Yama Ploskonka wrote:
> Alan Trick wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Apparently (correct me if I am wrong) Bolivia is one of the countries
> that W/S/J has "completed" work, but I know it is all but impossible
> to get Scriptures there in anything but Spanish, Quechua, Aymara
> (already hard) and Guarani (with much luck and knowing where to
> look).  I believe that there have been like 120 other languages that
> had some portions at least done (my Aymara Bible is pre-SIL - I wish
> I had a newer version)

Nitpicking: The late Prof. Dr. Reinaldo Decoud Larrosa published «Jopare
Pyahu», a literal translation of the NT directly from the Greek in the
'60s; and the United Bible Societies released «Ñandejára ñe'e», a
complete Bible translation in the dynamic equivalence system. As usual,
there are two versones: with and without the Apocrypha
(Deuterocanonical Books).

The Decoud Larrosa version is very hard to get, and only from
second-hand bookstores; but you can get as much Guarani Bibles from the
United Bible Societies as you want.

Blessings,

Eduardo
--