[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Apr 7 08:03:31 CDT 2006

I'm guessing most on the list are not Catholic. Still, we overlap on
such a broad range of things, you'd have to worry when a city government
openly attacks Catholics for doing the same things we all would likely do.

    http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49631

------------ excerpt ------------
In the March 21 measure, the city's board condemned Catholic moral
teaching on homosexuality and urged the archbishop of San Francisco and
Catholic Charities of San Francisco to defy church directives
prohibiting homosexual adoptions.

The resolution alludes to the Vatican as a foreign country meddling in
      the affairs of the city and describes the church's moral teaching
and beliefs as "insulting to all San Franciscans," "hateful," "insulting
and callous," "defamatory," "absolutely unacceptable," "insensitive and
ignorant."

Of course, the Catholics are hitting back with a lawsuit. While I'm
hardly surprised this happened in some place like San Francisco, what's
to stop other cities attacking *your* church?

--
Ed Hurst