[CS-FSLUG] LIST-ADMIN: Introducing Google Christian

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:08:46 CDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/06, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> > Hi Christopher,
> > It's in the same vein as the old April
> > Fools joke wherein Microsoft bought the Catholic Church.
>
> That was a joke? I went to a Catholic school and if something wasn't
> bearing the mark of the Microsoft then it wasn't used. If Microsoft
> hasn't bought them then why are they so slow to adopt Linux and be
> free of the bondage of unethical contracts? Someone needs to remind
> them that they belong to God, not Gates :-p .

On a more serious note, Catholics in the Czech Republic approached the
local bishop about whether they could use GNU/Linux.  They were told
that Catholic churches gets the Microsoft discount, but that they
could use whatever they wanted.  The news article was linked to either
my book, or to my first article, "The Penguin-Driven Church Office".
Maybe it depends on which Catholic church/school you attend. ;-)

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/