[CS-FSLUG] Your Mission Dream

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Mon Apr 3 10:53:10 CDT 2006

> There is also a several missionary agency programs you can find out
> about at LightSys that are being developed under the OpenSource model.
> Some are highly complicated and probably in need of people with
> commitment and significant coding skill to put years of their volunteer
> coding time into making these programs usable. I know of agency's who
> have invested multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars into software to
> do what they need to do, in other words, your time on this project could
> save a lot more money than you could potentially ever give.

Don't forget all the existing open-source applications out there on freshmeat
and sourceforge, etc.. I understand that the corporate world thinks that if
something is free it is worth using, but non-profit (which is what ministry
is) organizations can benefit greatly by not having to shell out thousands of
dollars for software.

--
Joey Kelly
http://joeykelly.net

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?