[CS-FSLUG] LIST-ADMIN: Introducing Google Christian

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 02:02:19 CDT 2006

> 	Honestly though, I have significant suspicion of any "matching"
> services, but I guess they work for some.
>
>> I've held off looking for a significant other because most of the ones
>> at school come back on Mondays with stories about how drunk they got
>> and where they woke up in the morning :-p .

My doctorate thesis was on the topic of pre-engaged
pre-marriage ministries.  I looked at cultures and
religions all over the world then focused on the USA
church.

It is dismal.  The idolatry of mating has savaged
the teaching of Jesus, echoed by Paul, that our
hearts and minds be focused on God alone.

If Jesus is not sufficient as singles He will never
be as marrieds.

Dating services dance at the edge of heresy and
certainly close to what Jesus intended when He
warned against "causing one of these little ones
to stumble".  Feeding into the non-Biblical idolatry
of mating is sinful, albeit highly profitable.

As Tony Evans once said "It's not your problem!"
If, however, you believe that the Lord wants you
to be married and that He knows who your mate is a
and where your mate is then shouldn't you seek the
Lord and not the mate?"

Never been better said.

--
Respectfully ... dmc