[CS-FSLUG] LIST-ADMIN: Introducing Google Christian

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Apr 3 09:05:27 CDT 2006

Hi Christopher,
> I should have figured as much. Please excuse me, but I am offended
> by this. I do not appreciate this

	I'm sorry to hear that. It has been a CS-FSLUG tradition since the
beginning. Every year the list has been acquired by someone. AOL
bought it the first year, I believe. Another year, I went to work for
Red Hat.

> type of "horseplay". I tend to take life pretty seriously
> (including e-mail from this group). I can

	One of my big goals in life is not to take myself too seriously, if
you haven't already guessed that. :-)

> appreciate a little humour now and then, but this was way out of
> line in my opinion. As it stands,

	How so?

> yesterday was my uncle's birthday (I am being quite serious). I
> regret that I could not find his phone number to call him. Of
> course I am straying from where I started, which is this, I find
> such "horseplay" as being malicious and misleading. I can find
> previous CS-FSLUG e-mail via a google search. I just hope that
> google doesn't read you "little joke" take offense at it.
>
> Pax,
> Christopher Rose
>
> P.S. If Google does contact you, I can write a charactor reference
> for you to use in court.

	I appreciate the offer of a character reference. I would seriously
doubt Google cares in the least. Google is one of the biggest
tricksters of the day (c.f. Google Romance, which I referenced in my
announcement -- they had it up, at least yesterday, at
romance.google.com. Really.). It's in the same vein as the old April
Fools joke wherein Microsoft bought the Catholic Church.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "The theologian who labors without joy is not a
Editor, OfB.biz   | theologian at all. Sulky faces, morose thoughts
tbutler at ofb.biz   | and boring ways of  speaking are intolerable in
timothybutler.us  | this field."
                                                       -- Karl Barth