[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 18 11:13:12 CDT 2005

>>      It reminds me of a question that skeptic Michael Shermer asked
>> to a believer, on the PBS program Question of God, last year. He
>> asked the fellow, who was an M.D., did you ever wonder how God raised
>> Jesus from the dead (physiologically speaking, that is)? Obviously,
>> Jesus was physically dead and then brought back to life. From our
>> standpoint, it really doesn't matter so much how, but obviously
>> somehow God did it, and he probably did that, and the raising of
>> Lazurus, and the creation of Adam, etc., by means He could explain to
>> us if He wanted to.
>>
>>      -Tim

Three observations:

1.  An oft' cited excuse for the theology of Darwinian evolution
is that all living things share common carbon-based life form
essentials.  God knew this yet He sovereignly did not choose to
make humans other than carbon-based life forms, though He could
have.  Seems to me that He intends that we accept Him via faith
and turn away from those who insist upon trying to make human
science the final arbiter of truth.

2.  Remember the story of the scientist who shook his fist at
God and said "We don't need you any more!" to which God responded
by challenging him to a life-creation dual.  God said "You go
first." and the scientist stooped down and scooped up some dirt.
God said "Oh no you don't, you have to make your own dirt."

3.  A science lesson from some home school materials goes the
other extreme in flat-earth extremism, the sort that undermines
legitimate Biblical standing in scientific discourse.  The
lesson asserts that because red blood cells lack DNA such is
an "evolution stopper".  I do not understand why given that
red blood cells are merely transport vehicles and are subject
to emergency life-preserving transfer to other humans whereas
white blood cells have the more sophisticated task of fighting
disease (sort of the difference between a barge and a battle
cruiser, different roles and different tools).

Are there not already enough examples of flat earth, sun
revolves around the earth, etc. foolishness from neo-Christian
neo-Biblical religious thugs in the past to feed the rhetoric
of the anti-Christian attack machines?  Do we really need to
add more fuel?

--

Blessings ... doc

       /\ /\