[CS-FSLUG] NI: Microsoft's Midlife Crisis

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:35:17 CDT 2005

Here's an interesting take on Microsoft's current situation:

http://www.computing.co.uk/forbes/news/2142257/microsofts-midlife-crisis

Aside from Ballmer throwing chairs over Mr. Lee's cross-decking to
Google, they obviously have some internal squabbling going on.  It
kind of fits with things I've said in the past about them getting too
big for their own britches.  They're losing their ability to respond
to the competition, largely due to their size.  The libre software
community will surely prove to be one of the agile competitors that
eventually humbles them a bit.  I guess that's the nature of a free
market.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist