[CS-FSLUG] Re: An easy way to remove blank lines?

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 13 13:13:29 CDT 2005

Well,

>I just discovered that "blank line-remover" is built inside
>Bluefish!!! It is so full with features that I did not noticed it
>until now (I think I must start learning it more...). If any of you
>ever wants to find it, it is in "Custom menu" (Replace > Strip > End
>of line Whitespace). Still, thank you for all tips !
>
>Blessings,
>Jukka

So you only needed the whitespace remover for web pages? Cool. Bluefish,
my HTML editor of choice, once again rocks the GNU/Linux world. Need I
say more? I think not!

That's still an interesting thought. Why are there some people (me, for
example) who don't like WYSIWYG editors? There are template sites are
filled with literally thousands of beautiful "looking" templates made
for (and by) Frontpage, Dreamweaver and other tools. So the WYSIWYG
editors must be used by alot of people trying to quickly develop sites.

My personal take after reading healyourchurchwebsite.com and related pages:

1) People ignorant of web page design tend to purchase page templates
they can work on in known tools (i.e.: frontpage).
2) People ignorant of web page design tend to purchase this page based
on how it looks rather than how it functions.
3) People who create most templates (aside from php templaters) are
graphic artists who depend on the ignorance of their buyers, simply
don't know any better or just want to sell pages and so create ones that
look "cool" (supply and demand).
4) People create or buy a template want the "ohhhh and ahhhh" factor to
be high. It makes the boss happy and increases the chance of a raise.

Exception: In larger businesses, where there are "tech" people, the odds
of a "cool" looking website diminish in light of the odds of a
functional website appearing.

The real trick is to make a cool looking and functional page. Or
perhaps, this is the rule:
Simple page + little content (say a band) = WYSIWYG editor
Complex page + a lot of content (say a corporate site) = hand made (like
biscuits on Sunday)

Well, that's my take.

Gabe