[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 11 01:59:42 CDT 2005

Just a quick clarification.  Evangelist Hinn has apologized
for and repented of some of his practices on at least two
occasions.  So he has recognized that some of what he
has done has been wrong -- and since God is never wrong
his actions must have been at-best those of a fallen imperfect
human, at worst (well, I'd rather not speculate).

The challenge is to try and discern between what is of God
and what is of man.

God once spoke through a mule, and He still does today
because I will be guest preaching the two sermons at
our church in the morning!

My pre-preaching and pre-teaching prayer is always the
same.  I ask that I be the *least* distraction and the *least*
distortion to the message He wants to deliver -- often one
for many that is very different than the one I see in print
on my notes!

Every preacher and teacher is imperfect and every one
represents some sort of distracting and distorting influence,
whether it is the pastor who cannot manage to preach a
sermon that only uses married people with children as
positive examples and who only mentions teens and singles
in the perjorative, or it may be the hyper-intellectualized
academic who chokes the life out of God, or the hyper-
experiential showman who makes one wonder if God
cares if we use our brains, all are imperfect.

I am troubled by much of what I see across the entire
range of denominations and independents and pray
for truth to win over both man's fleshly postmodernism
and man's traditions masquerading as God's truth.

Yes, there are heresies and they need to be "outed".

I am not a big Hank Hanagraff fan as he too often has
been graceless and has imposed personal preferences
upon the Word of God.  There are plenty of other good
sources for Biblical accountability other than the self-
annointed "Bible Answerman".

We do need Berean accountabilty across the spectrum
of churches, but end times Biblical prophesy says it
isn't going to happen until Jesus returns.

We need to "eat the meat and spit out the bones" as
a friend says.  Trying to fix all of the imperfections in
the churches will drive one crazy and keep one from
ones own calling to "Go forth ... in love"

IMHO, YMMV ... doc

--

Blessings ... doc

      /\ /\