[CS-FSLUG] One-ness: Dear Brother try Deut chapter 6

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 21:25:07 CDT 2005

 > cyratt at netzero.com wrote:
> "One" read in context deals with the Absolute that there is no division,
> no schism, no disunity in the Godhead. Just as Jesus said, oh and I do
> emphisise JESUS SAID, "Father, that they may be one as you Father and I
> are one" ( see John 17:11).
 > snip!
> I dont care who he is whether penticostal, methodist, episcopal,
> catholic, whatever. We as a Body are commanded by God to Love one
> ANOTHER. That dear brother will bring TRUE ONENESS in the body.

So long as one does not violate Rev. 22:18 (add nor subtract nothing
from the Word of God) then full fellowship is OK with God.

Separation is required of God where one presumes to add or subtract
from His sovereign Word.

I tend to live in a pretty big tent of Christian fellowship but
being open minded does not mean being empty headed.  We are commanded
to be good Bereans and to not condone bad teaching.

It is just as bad to tolerate wolves (spiritual and physical) among
the sheep as it is to exclude brothers and sisters based on extra-
Biblical traditions masquerading as truths.

To discern the differences is a discipline of Bible study with
prayer and the gift of wisdom from the Holy Spirit.

I don't have a rigid denominational list since I have found heretics
and great people of faith in most every denomination and non-
denominational gatherings of self-proclaimed Christians.

I will never submit to the spiritual authority of an unteachable
man nor of one propagating defective Biblical teaching.   I am
very hesitant to break fellowship with a man of teachable spirit
who ardently seeks after His truth even though he may suffer some
theological symptoms of poor teaching.

doc

Can we all just help the hurting and save the criticism?
LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE HELPING KATRINA'S VICTIMS:
http://www.bibleseven.com/em.html

Respectfully,
David M. Colburn, D.Min, MACo, etc.
http://bibleseven.com