[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Sep 5 10:12:12 CDT 2005

Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 04:06, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>>Timothy Butler wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>Tim,
>>
>>Isn't the following (not the baptism part) going to create
>>difficulties
>>
>>for Roman Catholics?:
>>
>>>VII. We affirm Baptism and Communion as sacraments instituted by
>>>Christ for this age as outward signs of inward spiritual grace.
>>>Neither baptism nor communion are necessary for salvation nor the
>>>continued remission of sins.
>>
>>It basically excludes them..........
>>
>>Blessings,
>>
>>Nigel
>

> No, IIRC it doesn't. Official Roman Catholic doctrine is that a person
> cannot be self-baptized, and if this person comes to faith _in articulo
> mortis_ (in grave risk of death) and it is utterly alone, the person is
> saved by a mere act of faith. Thus, baptism is not absolutely necessary
> for salvation in the Roman Catholic Church.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Eduardo
> (posting from office, sorry for lack of signatures and the like)

Eduardo,

I wasn't referring to the baptism part but rather the "nor communion are
necessary for salvation nor the  continued remission of sins." part.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com