[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:45:31 CDT 2005

While we are on the topic of baptisms I would like to know what good it does
if most people were baptised shortly after birth without making that choice
themselves. If baptism is an outward sign to the world then shouldn't it be
something you choose to do, not something your parents chose for you.

Personally I haven't been baptised yet, and I really don't think it's
necessary, nor do I feel like being baptised; however, if someone can claim
that they have been baptised because as a child they had a spoon full of
water poured on their heads without even knowing what it was all about, then
I think I can claim that any one of those showers I took at night before bed
can count as a baptism ;-) .

By the way, if baptisms are required for getting into heaven, then there
must be a lot of modest shy people like myself in hell :-p .

If there is one thing I've learned from the new testament, it's that people
aren't any more blessed because they partake in outward signs to the world,
in fact in many cases I've seen references to people like that being
hypocrites because they were doing it to look good when in fact they were no
better Christians than those who prayed in secret and didn't show off what
God blessed them with.

I for one am happy not being baptised, circumcised, slain in the spirit,
speaking in tongues, or any of that other stuff. I won't say it's wrong
since that's not my place, but personally I think most of that today is
wrongfully interpreted and has become superstition.