[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 00:21:01 CDT 2005

I see the problem,

> Isn't the following (not the baptism part) going to
> create difficulties for Roman Catholics?:
>
> > VII. We affirm Baptism and Communion as sacraments
> > instituted by  Christ
> > for this age as outward signs of inward spiritual
> > grace.  Neither baptism nor communion are
necessary
> > for salvation nor the continued remission of sins.
>
> It basically excludes them..........

But let's face it, neither baptism nor communion are
necessary for salvation. Ask the theif on the cross
next to Jesus if he was baptized or took communion. He
did not, yet he was with Jesus in paradise that very
same day.

In other words, we will deal gracefully with differing
views of doctrine, of course. That said, we can not
affirm views which contradict scripture when dealing
with the very basics of salvation.

Of course, that's just my opinion. What do I know?

Gabe