[CS-FSLUG] Cramming and Jamming, part 2

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Oct 26 21:11:41 CDT 2005

After installing Kanotix, I was quite pleased. It ran rather quickly
and managed to configure everything nicely. There was one small hitch,
in that the installer defaulted to a framebuffer too large for my
hardware, so there was a portion of the console off-screen. Once I
caught it at boot time, I was able to correct it in the Grub
configuration.

I decided to see what happened when I did a full upgrade to current
packages. It took awhile, and the main problem was migrating from
XFree86 to Xorg. I managed to find the problems, I believe, because X
looks better now. However, the entire system has slowed down a bit. I'm
debating going back to do it over and update only for security.

*sigh* Will I ever learn to leave well enough alone? ;-)

--
Ed Hurst