[CS-FSLUG] OT: Can this list be split?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Oct 26 16:37:16 CDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 11:20 AM, dmc wrote:

>> Like it or not, Christianity tells us *not to judge*. Yes, that
>> INCLUDES
>> Gates, Ballmer, and Microsoft as a whole. Judgement is reserved
>> for our
>> God. Let's focus on constructive criticism, not out-and-out
>> attacks, hmm?
>>

> I sure pray that this horrific theology will one day be
> purged from Christian discourse -- as Steve Brown would
> say "It stinks and smells and comes from the pit of Hell."

     Well, I think constructive criticism covers everything we ought
to do. Simply attacking is not Biblical, ever. When Jesus would
criticize the pharisees, he was doing so to expose their fraud to the
populous being led by them and wake up the Pharisees too. That was
constructive.

     I think if you read Ciaran's message again, you'll find it quite
compatible with your own viewpoint. There is nothing wrong with
correct people "in love," which is precisely what he says.

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Not  every end  is the  goal.  The end  of a
Editor, OfB.biz   | melody is not its goal,  and yet if  a melody
tbutler at ofb.biz   | has not  reached its end , it has not reached
timothybutler.us  | its goal."
                                            -- Friedrich Nietzsche