[CS-FSLUG] SuSE 10.0 and monkeySoft

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Oct 26 14:30:31 CDT 2005

Hi Wade,
To tell you how to mount the XP and fat32 partitions, could you run the
following command and send us the output?
/fdisk -l /dev/hda
/If you have two hard-drives, could you run this one too?
/fdisk -l /dev/hdb
/
The /etc/mtab file is supposed to show you what is actually mounted.
The /etc/fstab shows you what could be or should be mounted.  On many
distros, the /etc/mtab file is actually a symbolic link to something in
the /proc directory (which means it points to a spot in the kernel memory).

As to accessing the other computers on the network, are you asking how
to look at one of the XP shares from the Linux box, or to access one of
the Linux shares from the XP box?

The former (the XP acts as a server, and the Linux as the client) does
not require you to do anything with samba.
The latter (Linux as the server and XP as the client) does require you
to set up samba.

    - Tim Young