[CS-FSLUG] SuSE 10.0 and monkeySoft

Wade A Smith warm38 at juno.com
Wed Oct 26 10:14:24 CDT 2005

All,

I have just installed a purchased verion of SuSE 10.0 on a dual-boot
system (WinXP).
Our home network contains 5 monkeySoft-based computers.  Normally I'd ask
Fred,
but he aint got no steenkin monkeySoft in his house to know (or even
care) about my
problem (other than to warm me against the "dark side").

My Linux box has XP(NTFS) with a 5GB  FAT32 for transfers and SuSE10.0.

How do I set up /etc/fstab to access the XP (read only) and the FAT32
(rw)?

What is /etc/mtab and what is it good for (is it needed to talk to the
local partitions)?

How do I access the other computers on the network?  I know about Samba,
but how to config?

wade in Florida