[CS-FSLUG] OT: Can this list be split?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Oct 26 09:07:49 CDT 2005

I have been on a number of Christian technological lists, and they all
"suffer" from the same malady. I think part of it is that, after a
little time, the list becomes our community. And our community is where
we have friends, and we chat with friends... etc.

I for one, want to make sure that, whatever the change, that prayer
requests are still able to be a part of the list. I ignore most of the
politics, I enjoy the jokes (thanks Fred), and I skim some of the
discussion on lots of other fronts.

I enjoy answering techno questions when I have the time, and I enjoy
hearing a little of everyone's lives. I actually do not need, nor have
room for, much more of a Christian community than I already have. But
since I can tune in and out of this list at will, it is not overbearing.

I use a Microsoft operating system as my primary OS, and I occasionally
some of the anti-Microsoft sentiment is a little sad. But I face that in
other email lists too, so I am fairly content to let it slide by.

In short, I like this email list. It has it's drawbacks at time, but I
can usually skip an entire thread if I get too tired of it. I think
every email list can use work, and if we continuously work at trying to
improve it, we can keep the ups and downs averaging at "fairly decent."

I wanted to express my thanks to the moderators of the list, for all the
work they do to keep this list proper. Allowing flexibility at times,
but also being a little strict at times too. You have a tough job,
keeping the peace in a Christian community that has volatile opinions. :)

Thanks, Guys.

- Tim Young