[CS-FSLUG] OT: Can this list be split?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Oct 25 16:25:37 CDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:30:06 -0400, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice if we could have more discussions pertaining to Linux
> and BSD, I would really like to learn more about my hobby but we never
> seem to discuss the latest new software and tricks, instead we've pretty
> much let the list turn itself into a junk drawer for news and politics
> :-p .

Actually our central theme is how faith and FOSS affect each other. The
moderators posted an appeal to be more restrained in posting things that
were peripheral to faith and FOSS, but some forget. So here we have an
official reminder from a moderator:

C'mon folks, this is not an extension of your personal mailing list. Let's
try no more than 3 tagged messages per member in 24 hours, hmmm? If you
have time to post it, take the time to self-filter. Not a hard and fast
rule, but a target. Let's not force the moderators to play rough, okay?

--
Ed Hurst