[CS-FSLUG] NI: Office 12: Is that your spreadsheet on my server?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 25 09:17:50 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 12:46 am, Nathan T. wrote:
> On 10/24/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5907375.html?tag=nl.e589
>
> It can have practical applications I guess, but having all the files on one
> server is also a bad idea since a catastrophic loss of data will then be
> possible with the failing of one server. Backups can be made every week,
> every night even, but hours of data from everyone on one server is still a
> lot to lose in case of a hardware or software failure.

Yes it is! I've long said, and now some are beginning to agree with me, that
Net. applications as MickySoft, Google and others have envisioned, AREN'T a
solid safe option!! There's a saying from the fur trade era, "Keep yer
possibles close." That is, keep what is of value close, (read that "in house"
on YOUR servers).

Fred

--
Paid purchaser of ALL SuSE Linux releases since 6.x