[CS-FSLUG] Things could be worse

Jerry Van Brimmer jevb at tuffmail.com
Sun Oct 23 22:33:25 CDT 2005

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely
made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope propped up
prominently on the center of the bed. It was addressed, "Dad" With the worst
premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:
Dear Dad,
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my
new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you. I've been
finding real passion with Joan and she is so nice, even with all her
piercing's, tattoos, and her tight Motorcycle clothes. But it's not only the
passion dad, she's pregnant and Joan said that we will be very happy. Even
though you wouldn't care for her as she is so much older than I. She already
owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.
She wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams,
too. I know that she is a great mother, because I've seen how she treats the
three children she has from previous relationships. Joan also taught me that
marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for ourselves. We
can also trade it with her friends for all the Cocaine and Ecstasy we want. In
the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure f or AIDS so Joan can
get better; she sure deserves it!! Don't worry Dad, I'm 15 years old now and I
know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you
can get to know your grandchildren.
 Your son, Pete
PS: Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbor's house. I just
wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card
that's in my center desk drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to
come home.

--
"Praise the Lord, O my soul!" - Psalm 146:1