[CS-FSLUG] Troubleshooting Installation Failures

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Oct 22 16:47:02 CDT 2005

Don Parris wrote:

> My guess is the hard drive.  However, I can't seem to get other HDDs to even
> be recognized on this box. :-(  Any ideas? I'm definitely lost.  I'm
> thinking seriously about just telling the poor lady she needs a new box.

I'm not trained, but have played with lots of ancient boxen. After you
try what mash and everyone else suggests, maybe it's the IDE cable? Or
if there is one bad drive on any IDE cable, the whole thing fails. I've
run into that a lot when salvaging old boxes. When booting, a bad CD-ROM
killed the harddrive function, on another a bad HDD killed the CD-ROM.

--
Ed Hurst