[CS-FSLUG] Petition for ODF Support in MS Office

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Sat Oct 22 10:17:32 CDT 2005

Greetings,

I thought this was important to post here.  I strongly encourage everyone on
this list to sign the petition to encourage Microsoft to support
OpenDocument.  When I signed ( a few minutes ago), there were over 1400
signatures representing nearly 70,000 computers.  While I am not a fan of
Microsoft, I do believe they should support the OpenDocument format.  See
below for the links to the petition.

Blessings,
Don

Microsoft has said that they will support OpenDocument in MS Office if there
is customer demand for it.

The OpenDocument Fellowship has started a petition for Microsoft to support
OpenDocument. To show that there /is/ demand for OpenDocument:

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/

After only one day, the petition has gathered 788 signatures representing
44,425 computers who are asking MS to support OpenDocument:

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/status.php

The petition is available in English, French and German. We have some nice
images that you can use on your website to tell the world to Demand
OpenDocument!

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Main/HomePage

Sign the petition today! Tell your friends. Tell your family. Talk to your
local school, your Member of Parliament/Congress, and show support for the
OpenDocument.

If you need information about OpenDocument to help you convince people,
please take a look at the Resources section:

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Resources/HomePage

You should probably start with the FAQ page. If there is a Question that is
not yet answered, please post it on the advocates list.

List name: odf-advocates at opendocumentfellowship.org
Subscribe: odf-advocates-subscribe at opendocumentfellowship.org