[CS-FSLUG] NI: Defining a Turn-key Libre Software Solution for Ministries

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:23:14 CDT 2005

Here it is, gang.  The Freely Project's LS3 on LXer:

A Charlotte LUGhead provided hosting for the new TFP.us site with
eGroupWare pre-installed, and helped with the initial LS3 proposal.
We now have folks in three states willing to work with churches at the
local level.  One of the guys on the L4C list is mentioned/quoted in
the article.  Since I've gotten some feedback from the core community,
I hope this article will attract further feedback and participation.

The new site has over 60 links in the bookmarks feature of eGroupware,
and are available by signing in with "anonymous" for the userid/pword.
 The wiki contains a great deal of information about the project's
goals/ideas/plans - and continues to grow.  I have two potential
candidates for a Board of Directors to make this initiative a reality
- and a 501(c)(3).  I have a meeting next week at which I will present
both Freely and Libre software in general.  There are at least three
other churches that I am in communication with here that seem to have
some level of interest, even if things are moving slowly.

Thus, defining the LS3 represents a serious step for Freely, and I
believe that any increased participation will be beneficial.  I hope
that, as people come to participate, that our lists and forums will
continue to grow.  I also hope we'll continue to attract more
developers to the community.

I have been asked about an interfaith type of thing, and am
considering inviting people to an interfaith dialogue on libre
software.  I am not certain how that will take shape yet, but I'm only
considering it at this point.  I'd like to hear your thoughts on this
last point.

Blessings,
Don
--