[CS-FSLUG] NI: Why Linux isn't too fat & MS hurts customers

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Oct 17 05:35:01 CDT 2005

On Sun 16 Oct 2005 23:12, David Aikema wrote:
> On 10/15/05, Eduardo Sanchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:
> > > Wherein Windows you have all group[s basically working with the
> > > save set of widgets and dialog  boxes, in Linux there are a
> > > number of different such conventions.
> >
> > This is simply not true. Corel Draw's file dialogs are not equal to
> > Ms Word's are not equal to Notepad are not equal to Explorer....
>
> I'll admit that they're not all equal, but I think that by and large
> there's a much greater degree of consistency amongst Windows
> application.
>
> David

David: Again, you're wrong. David, have you really seen Windows apps
lately? Such as, MSN Messenger? Easy CD Creator? Pc Doctor? have you
seen the horrible skinned, atypical, inconsistent interface they sport?
And I'm citing some apps from memory, from 3 or more years ago... and
now the situation seems to be worse.

Consistency is an attribute of MacOS X, GNOME, and KDE, and undoubtedly
of other desktop environments; but I would never grant that with
Windows.

Blessings,

Eduardo