[CS-FSLUG] Another SUSE complaint

.mash re.mash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:58:02 CDT 2005

Nathan

Can I ask why you don't want to just add third party apps/codecs to
the free downloaded edition. I have never used SuSe but I am sure it can
only take a couple of minutes. If you want to save money then just add
what you need to the free edition.

I personally use XMMS for mp3's and VLC/Mplayer for any video/dvd
All i needed was the codec pack from Mplayer and libdvdcss.

I don't quite understand this "Out of the box" argument.

Personally I like the fact there is a little bit of a learning curb with Linux,
I think it teaches you to use the distribution rather then just play with it.
Once you start learning a little of whats under the hood you realize that this
is more then just an OS but a fantastic tool. I have learnt the fire
and brimstone
method with Debian and I would recommend learning your favourite distro
as it is incredibly rewarding.