[CS-FSLUG] Another SUSE complaint

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:20:24 CDT 2005

Hopefully you'll forgive me for being so careful, but I don't have a job any
more and therefore have to be much more careful how I spend my money.

Based on your signature I'm assuming you have a boxed set of SUSE
10.0professional, I'm also going on to assume you have it installed
(probably
using it right now) and that you haven't had to manually add in libdvdcss or
anything else for multimedia support manually. Can you tell me if these
work:
- Playing DVD videos that have CSS "protection" with Kaffeine (not
RealPlayer).
- Playing mp3's with noatun and juk (not with Amarok and absolutely not with
RealPlayer)
- Playing proprietary video formats with Kaffeine (ie: wmf, avi, mov,
etc..., once again without using RealPlayer)
- Changing the volume in AmaroK has a delay on my computer, ~1 second with
Xine, ~3-5 seconds with Helix, does this happen to you too? Does it happen
with JuK?

If it can do these things I'll be satisfied.

I'm sure I sound repetitive but SUSE pro isn't a small investment;
SUSE 10.0is the first distribution in a long time that I've actually
had an interest
in keeping and I would just like to make sure that if I do buy a copy it
won't be different from what I expected.

BTW. Haven't booted Windows for three days thanks to SUSE, the last time I
stayed out of Windows for so long was probably over a year ago.