[CS-FSLUG] Commercial/Professional Linux Gurus?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Oct 11 17:56:32 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:

>>Are there any commercial/professional IT vendors on the list that work
>>with churches?  Perhaps you run a computer shop or consulting
>>business, and you support churches, either as part of your customer
>>core, or on the side?

[snip]

> I would suggest multiple tiers:

I'm not sure where I would fit into Doc's scheme, but I plan to run my
computer ministry here in OKC. I'll provide FOSS advocacy, as well as
low-end tech support: "This is a firewall, and here's why you need it...
Here's how to use it...." I'll offer housecalls and free installs, with
no set fees, accepting as payment whatever love offerings I receive.
This should keep it all under clerical pay guidelines.

--
Ed Hurst