[CS-FSLUG] OT: William Bennett's Stupid Comments

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Oct 10 21:13:25 CDT 2005

> Perhaps unwanted, if denied to the tens of thousands
> looking to adopt them into healthy homes.
> [...]
> No child in America is unwanted by someone -- they are
> just denied a chance because of bigotry, ignorance,
> incompetence, and selfishness.

     I would agree that is true, but I don't think that invalidates
the cause. (And I say this while rejecting abortion -- I'm not a
utilitarian, so while I'll admit the accomplishments of legalization,
I won't accept it as good.)

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis