[CS-FSLUG] OT: William Bennett's Stupid Comments

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 9 19:11:16 CDT 2005

> I recognized in my previous post that he acknowledged the wrongness of
> abortion.

It had nothing to do with the principle of abortion,
it had to do with those who were proposing using
abortion to reduce crime -- and he was not one of
them.

The people who started the push to generalized abortion
have been identified as racists who wanted to use it
to reduce the black population -- and guess who their
buddies are in America?  The major media and Democrats.

> Yet, as proclaimed in every venue - all of them trying to
> correctly quote the man

"Trying" and failing miserably.

> ... his statement ends with the idea that crime
> would, in fact, be reduced by aborting black babies.

That is statistical fact -- are we now going to argue
with facts merely because we do not like what they say?

It is a fact that God in the OT told the Israelites to kill
all of the men, women, and children in certain cities --
shall we condemn the Bible too?  Sure is an unpleasant fact.

During the 20's abortion at current rates in the inner
city population would have reduced crime because it
would have killed-off people of Italian descent (of
which I happen to be one).  It is a fact, not a
proposition.

> This is what I take issue with.  No one can dress up a
> statement like that.

You are missing the entire context along with the media
and some talking-head political hacks on TV.

He debunked the morality of the proposal yet affirmed
that as a matter of statistical fact there is at this
movement in American history a linkage between the numbers
of blacks and crime because they represent a disproportionate
percentage of disenfranchized citizens -- the usual social
condition that leads young men to turn to crime.

I would imagine that rushing in behind them, statistically,
are illegal immigrants, for the same sociological reason.

You could make the same statement in specific regions or
in different countries and it would impact different races
-- the argument is simple fact not racism!

Sigh.

--
Respectfully,

David Colburn, D.Min., M.A.Co.