[CS-FSLUG] OT: William Bennett's Stupid Comments

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:53:36 CDT 2005

On 10/9/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > If any of you are not aware, William Bennett recently made remarks to
> > the effect that aborting black babies would reduce the crime rate.
> > Even given his remarks about the immorality of abortion, he still
> > believed that aborting black babies would reduce crime.  I will not
> > accuse him of being a racist.  I will accuse him of making one of the
> > most ridiculous remarks ever made in public.  As some have pointed
> > out, we could reduce the Mafia by aborting all Italian babies as well.
> >  We can go on with this kind of list.  Furthermore, his remark
> > erroneously quoted some study that suggested that aborting low-income
> > babies reduces crime.
>
> You really need to read what was actually said vs what the
> anti-conservative media quoted completely out of context.
>
> I blogged on this several days ago:
> http://bibleseven.com/blog1/blog.html

I am not responding to liberal criticism of Bennett.  In neither the
liberal, nor the conservative media, have I found any difference in
the context presented.  I am responding directly to Bennett's claim.
I recognized in my previous post that he acknowledged the wrongness of
abortion.  Yet, as proclaimed in every venue - all of them trying to
correctly quote the man - his statement ends with the idea that crime
would, in fact, be reduced by aborting black babies.

This is what I take issue with.  No one can dress up a statement like that.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/