[CS-FSLUG] Re: [Linux4christians] Reference

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:07:03 CDT 2005

On 10/7/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >> Hello everybody. I just came across a Biblical reference site that's
> >> set up like Wikipedia. It's called Theopedia, located here:
> >> http://www.theopedia.com/Main_Page
>
> The whole idea of an "open encyclopedia" of "everything
> Christian", absent clear boundaries and active moderation,
> sounds like a recipe for cultic and heretical disaster!
>
> The text (below) found at a link from the heading "What is
> a Biblical Christian?" is encouraging.

<SNIP>

> Is Biblical Christianity really "open source" or has God
> sovereignly appointed to authority in leadership those
> whom He trusts to "rightly divide the Word"?
>
> Just wondering .... and worrying ...
>
> David

To be honest, I appreciate your concern, and believe you are wise to
be wary.  However, I do think that, since God is the One in control,
we shall have to let Him be the One Who determines the worthiness of
this site.  Such a site should make the typical Baptist proud.  One of
the whole points of Baptist beliefs is that God can, and does, speak
to each of us directly.  We cannot have a personal relationship with
Him if that is not true.

I would like to take the position of Gamaliel, in Acts 5:34.  Let's
see what becomes of this wiki.  It is true that one way to ensure the
validity of the site is to offer valid materials to it.  If others
offer invalid materials, I am certain they will fall on their own
merits.  You could attempt to contact whoever is behind the site to
see what their attitude is toward non-Christian viewpoints.

Blessings,
Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist