[CS-FSLUG] NI: The Voice of the Martyrs Canada - Country Profile - Russia, Chechnya

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 6 16:23:02 CDT 2005

Sorry about the last one,

Darn send button is so close to contacts. I need more sleep.

> There is no "superior" denomination, period.
>
> There is not a shred of evidence ever produced that
> shows that *any* denomination consistently produces more
> mature disciples.  None.
>
> It would be best for this list, and the family of God,
> if folks would spend less time evangelizing for their
> denominations and more time evangelizing for Christ!

It's been my understanding that people are people. It is also my
understanding that the maturity of a Christian's relationship with God
is a matter that is, in a large part, controlled by the lifestyle the
individual.

Indeed, in San Antonio when we held large evangelism events, several
denominations were involved. Few south side Churches could afford to
hold an event alone. Pentecostals and Baptists worked side by side with
Presbyterians as evangelism counselors. It is my opinion, then, that the
individual, rather than the denomination, determines the amount of God's
will to which they submit.

That said, there are, in my estimation, men of God who help reveal the
scriptures in such a way as to point consistantly to Jesus and to help
people look more often and more carefully at God their Father. This may
lead to a better personal relationship with God ... or it may not. But
it is my belief that individual Pastors, Elders or Teachers, reagarless
of denomination, and sometimes in spite of it, can motivate people to
seek a more full relationship with the Father.

So, it is my conclusion that faithful, unfaithful and people of every
shade inbetween are available at most, if not all, congregations,
regardless of denomination. Individual choices make the biggest
difference, but quality instruction and motivation can go a long way
towards directing seekers to the truth. And in finding the truth, often
times, the relationship gets better. We must assume, of course, the
working of God's Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.

Gabe